(New peppermint growing in my garden)
Peppermint is a wonderful herb for relaxing a ‘twisted’ stomach (gas, bloating, cramps) and is simple to grow and to use:
- Grab a pair of scissors
- Cut enough to fill a quart mason jar
- Rinse it clean and pack it into the jar.
- Pour boiling water over the peppermint until the jar is full.
- Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes or so – (longer if you want it stronger)
- Strain, add your favorite sweetener, and enjoy the fresh, spicy smell and taste as it soothes your tummy.
It’s easy to grow and could be called ‘robust’ if you’re in a good mood or ‘invasive’ if it’s making its way across your lawn. So, contain it if you’re worried. It does make mowing the lawn a more fragrant business. And it always comes back.
. . . and now DocMisty is too 🙂 I’ve been busy the last little while, developing a blog for one of my other passions: Homeschooling.
But, now that winter is over and I’m back digging into my garden and herbs, I plan on blogging over here a little more. I’d like to write some posts on herbs that are easy to grow and how to use them – ideas that are simple for anyone to use for common ailments.
Is there something you’d like to see me write about? Alternative or herbal questions you have? Just let me know and I’ll do my best.